About Me

I'm an elementary education major at BYU. I love learning, being silly, and making people smile. I'm your average five foot nothin' college student, I guess you could say. I love my life. I love my church.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Curveballs

Sometimes life throws you curveballs.

I've gotten thrown a couple curveballs in my day, one this week.
Thankfully, Heavenly Father knows what curveballs are headed my way long before any potential changes are even on my radar. Which is why he inspired His apostle to give this talk in General Conference:



Be grateful, enjoy the journey. Trust God and know that He loves you. That's what I learned. And that is exactly what I needed to hear. God knows me and there is no denying that. 

My life is good, really good. Sometimes it's hard, but I don't have anything to complain about. Because I don't know how, but I have about a million people around me that I love who love me right back. I have been overwhelmed over the past couple weeks to be reminded of all these marvelous individuals. I'm surrounded by amazing people!

So I will be grateful. I will enjoy the journey. I will continue to not hold back, although as I get older that seems to get harder. But I will love others with everything I have. Why not? Every pain we feel, every sadness we experience, every loss we undertake is made up to us in the end: that beautiful end when we are with our Savior again. I will trust Him. I know He loves me, He loves everyone, He wants all of us to be happy, and He has a plan for our happiness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment