About Me

I'm an elementary education major at BYU. I love learning, being silly, and making people smile. I'm your average five foot nothin' college student, I guess you could say. I love my life. I love my church.

Monday, December 17, 2012

How close are you?

That's what my mom just asked my sister who is a junior in high school about her homework. Sister is listening to music (1D, no doubt) and had to be asked about three times before mom resorted to swatting her (gently) with her magazine. Did you know people who buy groceries with cash buy healthier food? Thanks, mom's magazine!

My brother made a bow and arrow out of a tongue depressor, a rubber band, and a q-tip. Brrrilll. Also, he's singing Carol of the Bells at the top of his lungs in the bathroom. He rolls his 'Rs' very well.

I love being home. It's comfortable. I get to run errands with Grandpa. I get to eat leftover soup. I get to sit on my couch. I get to help my mom. I get to sit in the morning and just talk to my mom. I get to laugh with my family. I get to borrow my sister's clothes. I get to make fudge. I get to think about my life like it's a thousand miles away instead of like I'm in the middle of it. 

It's cool because I have three whole weeks here. I bought two Christmas presents today, for my mom and my dad. I think they are really going to like it. I think I finally know what I'm going to give to everyone else. If I had it my way I would just get everyone books. But Christmas isn't about giving people what you want, it's about giving what they want. That's okay, books are expensive anyways. I will just give them re-purposed garbage and say I'm teaching them a lesson about always being grateful. **files that idea in "parenting" in my brain*





No comments:

Post a Comment