About Me

I'm an elementary education major at BYU. I love learning, being silly, and making people smile. I'm your average five foot nothin' college student, I guess you could say. I love my life. I love my church.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm Counting My Blessings

As you may have realized, my dear old dad and my little sister are in town this weekend.
And it has rocked as much as anticipated.

Here's how it's all gone down:

Thursday: They get here. Papa took me to the mall and I [[finally]] got new pants. Thank heavens. Let's just say I got pants from Gap that were originally $70 for $12. No big deal. Then I made a yummy dinner and me and Papa and Mike all ate together.

Friday: School. Work. Papa and Cami went on the best daddy-daughter date probably ever. We ate Cafe Rio and then went to Nickel City, where we earned 392 tickets which I used to get a back-scratcher, a set of fake mustaches, six kazoos, two glow-in-the-dark fang teeth, and two crappy pink flip-flop erasers. Pretty much, we made bank. After that we went to Wal-Mart, where I wore one of the fake mustaches and we got food for Sunday dinner. Good good night.

Saturday: Special Collections Open House at the HBLL. Our nerdy selves were oh so excited to look at old stuff, and it made us very happy. Then we met up with Allison and Gabriella and watched the Cougs. I love BYU. The game was good, but I forgot about how my acne medication that I just restarted taking makes you SUNBURN. So, my face is now disgusting. But it's okay, because we went to Old Spaghetti Factory where I ate the most delicious meal eva. Then we ate ice cream. 100% positive I've gained at least 500 pounds in the last two days. Whatever.

As you can see, this weekend has been awesome. I feel so much better now. Family makes the world go round, especially awesome parents. They just have a way of reassuring you and making you know that everything will be alright.

And that's also true of our Heavenly Father. He loves us so much. He loves me so much. And He's been blessing me in so many ways just to remind me of how much He loves me. Sometimes life is hard, but that's because if it weren't we wouldn't be able to grow. I am so grateful that we have a loving Father in Heaven, and also loving fathers here, that help us through those trying times. And I'm grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, that He suffered here on earth so He would know how to comfort us in our times of need. So reassuring, so wonderful.







We are surrounded by tender mercies. And it's high time I got better at seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment