Whilst I sit comfortably on my couch on this eve of Thanksgiving break, I have realized an opinion that burns inside of me:
If my husband has a head that makes him look like a six year old, he will not be allowed
to wear a bow-tie and he must wear a suit that fits properly at our wedding.
to wear a bow-tie and he must wear a suit that fits properly at our wedding.
Because I don't want it to look like I'm marrying a six year old. Especially considering I'm going to be an elementary school teacher. That just will not fly.
Every time I facebook stalk celebrate the weddings of people I don't know through a common social network, I feel sad that the people who work at Tuxedo Palace don't find it necessary to tell a man who is about to be married that he looks like an infant. And that he should stand up for himself and tell his sweet fiance that he is not going to wear a bow-tie. "I put my foot down: no bow-tie. I'll do whatever you want, just please let me look like a respectable adult!"
Let me make something abundantly clear: I have nothing against bowties. I only think that people who have small heads and big ears should not be allowed to wear them. If your husband wore a bow-tie at your wedding, then I'm sure it was beautiful. If you are planning your wedding, please take into account the head-ear ratio.
Enough of that.
Among other things, the Christmas tree in the Media Center has all of it's lights working. I ate J-Dawgs for dinner and got some special sauce on my coat. Luckily, I was able to put my Tide-to-Go pen to good use. I got a cool free t-shirt for working at the library and none of the people I had secretly convinced myself would visit me while I worked came. Instead of being disappointed, I played Words with Friends with my aunt and served as copyright poster consultant.
Thanksgiving is in a couple of days. When I think about that, it makes me think of my many blessings. And my heart grows and empties at the same time. There are many people I miss right now, maybe more than I had originally thought I would be missing this time of year. Many things I had expected would be happening that are not. Many moments that seem to have disappeared. However, I have so many blessings---it's overwhelming! How could one little girl be blessed with so much? I don't know.
One thing I have learned the last couple weeks is to take things one day at a time. I've tried really hard to do that, and I think it's working.
I get to hang with Alz. Alz=Al=Allie=Allison=Allison Heroux=my sister.
So that should be fun. We are going to eat, veg, and watch movies, among other things. Actually, probably not among other things. Probably just eat, veg, and watch movies.
And this is what it will look like:

No comments:
Post a Comment