I won't go into details, because it really was gross. Let's just leave it at...I went to urgent care the second we got back to Provo, I'm now on steroids so my skin will calm down and the
Science is really helpful when it comes to determining how long it will take your sunburn to heal completely. Honestly though, it hasn't been that bad. I got to take the day off work yesterday, Allie my Pallie came and helped me. And I woke up this morning and, miracle of miracles, my arm looked 100 times better! Still healing, but boy was that a blessing. I'm also very excited that, according to this chart, I should be back to normal before August starts...and slightly tan!
Anyways.
California was so much fun!!! Don't believe me? Ask the
![]() |
| friends friends friends |
![]() |
| santa monica pier--ferris wheel |
![]() |
| beatles in the park on a quiet sunday afternoon |
![]() |
| newport beach |
![]() |
| donut man in the middle of the night |
Where would we be without instagram? Also friends. We just had so much fun seeing where Emma lives and spending time with each other and her family. I even go to sleep in their bonus room one night. It was everything I'd hoped for and more.
The other thing I learned was that ocean water really does make your hair more wavy! I was lovin' my hair on beach day. I know what you're thinking---"Cami. You are so superficial." Well, I'm sorry.
I finished the book Cold Sassy Tree on the car ride home. I love reading and I love the South and I love books! It was a good one, I highly recommend it. Any other suggestions? I just love reading. I want to read all the books in the whole world! Except for dirty ones and scary ones. And books that are pointless or trashy. So I guess I just want to read all the good books in the whole world.
Something that I really liked about this book though was the grandfather character was spiritual in his own way. He wasn't a pious man. But he pondered. He was familiar with the Bible and he thought about what that meant. The voice of the book is the grandson, Will Tweedy, and at one point he asks his grandfather why the Bible says that we can ask and it will be given to us. Will pointed out several instances where this had not been the case--his grandmother had died, etc. Well, grandpa finally explains his thoughts at the end. He says that he thinks that means that our spirits will always be taken care of. That when our soul needs lifting or comforting or strength and we ask for it, Christ will be right there at our side, helping us along the way. I love that! I love this Plan and how Heavenly Father has made this earth life for learning and thinking and growing. With His help we can do anything--just as Mr. Blakeslee said. He will strengthen us, comfort us, and empower us to be who we came to this earth to become. And when we can trust in Him and trust in ourselves, we will make good choices and we will find true, real, bona fide happiness.
Books that make you think are good.
One more thing: I took ibuprofen today with an ICEE. Best idea I have ever had!






I love your Beauty and the Beast reference :) I might also have to check out that book, it sounds really good!
ReplyDelete